Sunday 10 May 2015

AD33 - This film is fantastic!

Slightly off topic yet completely relevant post, I recently watched The Book of Life and it was bloody fantastic!
My friends suggested that I watch it because the style in which the characters are made is similar to the way I make images, so I gave it a watch.

This film was visually beautiful and perfectly animated, it is not often that I am inspired by a film but it does just go to show that I should look a lot further than just other artists for inspiration. It seems that inspiration comes in all shapes and sizes.




I love how the Mexican day of the dead theme is really dominant, also every character is animated to look like a puppet which is a really cool effect.

I posted this mainly because I wanted to start being more free with my blog and instead of just posting pages and pages of research I could occasionally throw in something that I am inspired by or something awesome that I have seen and just needed to document it.

No comments:

Post a Comment