Thursday 14 May 2015

AD33 miscellaneous experiments and doodles

Whilst I was working on the two big projects I did a lot of experimental images, most of them were for fun but some were spur of the moment gifts for people and I am pretty happy with some of the outcomes.

Some of them proved very useful when it came to the bigger illustrations, perhaps one of the textures I used worked well and could be applied to others, or maybe the colour palette I chose would work with another image.



The first is this valentines card I made for my girlfriend, I liked this one because of the ghostly edge I created using the original pencil work. This was one of the first textured images I made in the third year and I liked how gentle it was.




This is perhaps one of my favourite images that I have done this year, it started off as a collection of fish, I started painting them on some graph paper with acrylic, I was just making random shapes for fun and it started looking good so I carried on. I then used a light box to add in some facial features and then it all went into Photoshop for some additional textures and colour tweaking.





This was a digital sketch I created after making the devil screen prints with Tom, we both really enjoyed making those prints and I made this to celebrate a job well done on both of our behalves. This image was then made into a digital print and sold at the Illustration auction where I was lucky enough to be auctioneer. GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE!




Finally I created another card for my girlfriend, this one was for her birthday however, she is quite partial to a cat and enjoys gifts (who doesn't) so I blended the two together for this neon - chalkboard themed birthday card. It is weird because this illustration inspired the cat that is in the Activity book and the colours are essentially the same as the main colours from the book. I would like to do some more neon - chalkboard themed illustrations in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment