Thursday 14 May 2015

AD33 - Making a business card


I started off by sketching out my design for my business card, I knew I wanted it to be square and was also quite keen on having a crazy self portrait so this is what I came up with.



I then went straight in with shapes and stitch lines, this one did not require as much pre planning as some of the lager illustrations, this one was quick and to the point.



Even though the business card would be small I made sure to pay extra attention to the small details, If I can notice them then so will a client.



Here I have thrown in my logo and dropped the opacity down so that I can see how it will sit in the final image, this way I can dedicate shadows and other things to that space before the high res logo goes in.




Just adding in some final touches before I start adding in heavier textures and colour tones.




Here I was planning on adding the ghosting effect that I had mentioned before but it became a little disconnected so I decided against it.
It looked cool for a little while like this though!




And here is the finished image, I threw a texture layer on top of his nose to darken it and I did include some ghosting around his nose. The bow-tie fits in nicely although for this version I did take the text from my logo and add a white texture across it to bring it out from the background as it did blend in a little bit before.



This is the first template I made for my business cards, the interior is completely hand rendered but some lectures argued that it should be a lot simpler because of the busy image on the other side.



I went for something a little more like this and that was a lot better in my opinion, I changed the type face to suit my style a little more and I replaced the phone number with my email address. The final card design has been included in the sketch folder so feel free to have a ganders!

No comments:

Post a Comment