Thursday 14 May 2015

AD33 - The mock book


I knew that for the deadline I wouldn't be able to get a professional printed version so I thought I would make a dummy book just to see it fully completed. After the deadline I could then get the feedback I need and make any minor changes and send it off so I can have a copy for New Designers.
It was so nice to see my book in real life, it looks so convincing and I am really happy with the outcome.



Now since this is a mock the paper quality didn't have to be ultra high quality which did sadly mean that there were some pages that came out a little rough around the edges, for examples sake it doesn't really hinder the piece at all.



I even managed to get some green thread that matches the green in my book for the stitching, it was a nice little touch.



Every illustration seemed to bounce off of the last and the consistency was really fluid throughout the entire book.





I really like this spread, the empty space is just begging to be coloured in!



Another good spread!



These pages came out ever so slightly darker than I originally intended but that will just be a case of lightening the document for the final print.




I did add in page numbers but because of the creep, they slowly get pushed outwards about half way through the book, so that is also something else to consider, I can either nudge them inwards a little more or maybe centre them at the bottom. They are a little unorthodox in the top left and right hand corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment