Sunday 10 May 2015

AD33 - Some of my favourite illustrators started following me on Instagram!

Okay so I made a post a little while ago about celebrating my 200th follower on Instagram, well since then I have had a few other very interesting and cool things happen.
First off I was experimenting with new brushes, I drew an odd fish dinosaur character just to test the line quality. Any how It reminded me of the way that Andrew Kolb  works, he has always been a big influence to me so it wasn't a shock that I retained some of his brush tips and tricks.
After uploading the evening doodle to Instagram I thought I would tag him in it to show my followers where my influence came from.

Then this happened...



I mean WOW right? Not only did he comment but he liked the image and started following me!

That meant the world to me that he actually replied, I never thought that would have been the case. It gave me a slight boost in confidence and also after making this character I wanted to make a few more with a similar line quality.



So the next great thing that happened occurred about two days ago and I wasn't really ready for this one.
I have always been inspired by Steve Simpson and his mind boggling images, he has a really good selection of custom bar codes that he had made on his website, inspired by this I wanted to make my own for my activity book. So I gave it a go!

Through courtesy and curiosity I thought I would tag him in this post as he inspired me to do it, also I was feeling hopeful after the Kolb experience!


At this point I nearly fell from my chair as you can surely imagine...



But yeah how cool is that!
Also making bar codes is incredibly addicting and I want to make a little set of them, custom codes are definitely the future and I will be making one whenever I get the chance.

I feel that it is good news that some of my favourite professional artists like me work, gives me more reason to push forward!

I will buy these men a pint one day!



No comments:

Post a Comment