Saturday 31 May 2014

Digital Promotion - summary

Throughout this project i have created a range of promotional websites, some of them have a similar use and some are completely different. For my project i had chosen to create a Tumblr, Instagram and a Cargo collective. within this project i have also decided to document my existing sites such as Blogger and Facebook and how they have helped to implement my work into an online space. My Blogger is used to document developmental work and final pieces from the college, it gets updated every couple of weeks and will continue to do so until the end of my course. My Instagram and Tumblr are going to be used as a pocket portfolio which i will have access from using my phone meaning i can get up my work and update my online space on the move. Instagram, Tumblr and Facebook are all connected meaning that i can update everything simultaneously. Finally my Cargo will be used as my core portfolio site and will only contain finished images that are completed to a professional standard, this will be used when i apply for illustration jobs and general promotion.

For my blogging sites i chose to upload my sketches and developmental work because i believe that is what a blog would and should be used for, the work that goes on my Tumblr has a general colour matching themes which i think may have been accidental but it works really well with the green theme that i have. A lot of my work that went onto cargo was my recent colourful artwork which has a really high rendered finish and it works well with my custom header which was created using the same style. The site is a portfolio site and it should show of all of the different things that i can do so there are some different styles of work on there also, for example my editorial work is mostly drawn with fine liner and then coloured digitally, there are also some black and white files.

After looking through various artist websites i have noticed that simple is sometimes better and large icons seem to work really well, a lot of sites also featured side bars which really helped to navigate around the page so naturally i added one to my portfolio site.

I was content with using blogger and Instagram as my blogging pages but i realized that Tumblr had millions and millions of users and it seemed appropriate to make one, it just makes my work more accessible and i am more likely to reach my target audience this way.
Finally i can see that in the future i will more than likely to continue making prints and resin toys, my blog sites are perfect for this medium as i can capture the textures and feel of the real thing. in comparison my digital files look really crisp on my cargo site so i have got the best of both worlds when it comes to promotion in a digital space.

No comments:

Post a Comment