Tuesday 30 September 2014

I'm back!


This is essentially what I turned into over the summer, I feel like it has been the longest summer break yet and thus found myself getting a little bored and lonely near the end. But now we are all back!
I feel like i've kept myself busy over the summer and potentially figured out a few more styles and ways of working that I am eager to try out on the new briefs to come this year. I thought it was time to update my blog as my last post was just before my summer started which is quite a while back, But now I am back and ready for the final year. Over the summer we were given a little book of texts and we had to basically draw from it, rewrite bits, add our own stories and so on, I would like to think I have done exactly that. We were told not to generate any final designs for parts of text but I went ahead and made some inspired pieces anyway simply because I wanted to try out some new styles and that for me was the best way to go about it.

I'd learnt a lot from my internship at Hallmark but the main thing I took away from the experience was the confidence I needed in my work and how fast I can work when a short deadline is given. Working faster allowed me to map things out and get a better understanding of what was needed and because of such I found myself drawing an experimenting more over the summer. It stopped being a task and became something to enjoy which is what it should have always been and I am glad I have found myself again.

For this module I would like to work mainly on paper so there won't be too much on here aside from artist research and some other jazz but I will try to keep it as updated as possible as my writing isn't the best!

More to come... Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment