Sunday 25 May 2014

Self promo - The one day badge pack workshop

The second task we were given on this module only lasted a day, we had to create a promotional badge pack which we would showcase and share with everyone at the end of the day. We were originally meant to make one large badge but we were then given the choice of making some smaller ones. I personally chose to go with the larger template as i thought they looked cooler, i also had more room to show me design off

Above are some viking heads that i had lying around in my doodles folder, the green one wasn't quite finished but it wouldn't have taken much for me to finish it, i thought they would make some awesome badges but if thought i would look through my portfolio first to see if there was anything else that was a little more appropriate.

In my own time i made these little monsters which were originally meant to be stickers but i thought they were perfect for my badge designs, they were colourful, fun to look at and a lot of my work is based around a general theme of monsters so i thought that it tied in perfectly.

Above are the finished badge packs that i made, i chose to make another pack just because i had some extra time near the end of the day. The pack on the right is the original image that i use as my header for this blog, i thought that because of how busy the image was it would not really matter where the template was cut and it turned out pretty good as the design follows over to the sides of the badge.
I think the outcomes were pretty successful, maybe if i were to do it again i would make my name a little bigger as it it quite small in comparison to the rest of the product. The pack on the right managed to keep the badge pretty still within the packaging but the one on the left was pretty loose and the badges kept sliding around, in the future i would maybe need to pin the badges to the paper but apart from that it is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment