Sunday 25 May 2014

Self promotion - making a font.


My friend showed me this cool website that allows you to make a font using your own handwriting, the site was called MyScriptFont.com. The process was pretty easy to get my head around, you start off by printing out one of their alphabet sheets, you then follow the guides and trace your own letters over the top, finally you add any additional letters you need and then scan it in. I was never really any good at making fonts but i thought i would use this opportunity to give it a try, most of the fonts that i made looked pretty similar and not all of them worked, some had too many curls and edges. The plan was to make a font that would then go onto my CV as the finishing touch, unfortunately i did not really like any of the fonts that i made and i much preferred some of the existing fonts i had installed on Photoshop.



Here is a test sentence for one of my fonts, as you can see some of the letters are faded and none of it seems to line up properly. It was a good first attempt but it was not strong enough to be used as part of my creative CV.

No comments:

Post a Comment