Sunday 25 May 2014

Self promotion - making business cards

I took some of the basic sketches from my book to show potential ideas for my business card. I liked the idea of having a monster mouth which would have my details inside, i also liked the simple Aztec boarder design, it was hard to pick one as they all matched my theme. After remembering that i will be using my monster print from the envelope task i though that maybe it would be best if i used that image for my business card as it was my strongest image.
I mocked up a business card for print at my house and this was the result (above). The back of the card featured the stamp image of my face and all of the necessary details where as the front had the original envelope design. I was going to order some cards from MOO.com but i did not think that they would arrive on time so i knew that i would have to make a mock up business card.





The cards were glued back to back, they had a green and black layer of card in between so they were nice and thick. The downside however was the fact that my template was the wrong size, thus the micro card was born!
The small business cards actually worked as you could still read all of the important information and the images were still nice and crisp. With it being smaller i could also add this to my little promo package quite easily. This was a good mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment