Sunday 25 May 2014

Self promotion - the final product and presentation

Above is an image of the final product separated into it's elements, there is an a6 print which has my details printed on the back, a green Aztec banner which will hold the small green tiki head badge. there is also a large alien sticker and a folding tiki head print. all of this will be presented within a white monster envelope.


And this is everything all packaged up, the pack also includes my hell boy sticker, i have also made a second pack which i will present to hallmark when i travel up to Bradford and their pack will also include a sticker of my face as shown above.

I managed to track down a large blue envelope which matched the blue that was on my CV and packaged it accordingly. on the reverse of the envelope i placed a large sticker of my face to act as a teaser to what is inside, it also kept the boring blue envelope from being so dull.

 I had been under a lot of stress during this module as i had to hand my work in early because i am to go on a internship with Hallmark the day before the original deadline. With that being said i have accomplished so much within such a short amount of time and i am extremely happy with the results. with my original badge packs aside, everything else was created parley for this module and i feel like i have produced a large array of visual images and products. Now it's time for me to seal it all up and hand it in, I will get back just in time for the summer show which is looking up to be something awesome!



Finally i handed in the large black book on the left. That book was used as my summer research sketchbook, it was made last summer and i nearly filled the whole book. The task was for us to make a research journal which would hold artist reference, lost and found objects that we find interesting and anything else we deemed fit to go in there. At first i did not really see how this would help me but looking back at it at the end of this year i can see where my influences have came from. That book holds information and reference to artists such as Chris Riddell, Tony Moore and Skottie Young, in the past those guys were my absolute favorites and my style was heavily influenced by them. Looking further into the book i can see artists such as Micheal Slack, Brandon Scott and Thomas Flintham who are amazing artists, they have all inspired me to change the way i make images, i do not rely so heavily on the line work as i used to, instead i use colourful shapes to convey movement and emotion, a skill that those three artists utilize in every one of their pieces. The book works well as a reference guide as i can look at it if i ever want to try out a new style, it was because of exploration that i found Micheal Slack and which ultimately lead me to work in a new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment