Monday 12 January 2015

Self initiated menu brief - the original idea


I came away from my last module on a good note, these characters were the last designs I had done for the module and wanting to keep the characters flowing I originally intended for my menu to feature characters in this style. Obviously they wouldn't in any shape or form look like a poo ghost or a frothing tea bag but the style would be the same, below is one of the original burger character I had come up with.




This one turned out pretty good, I gave this guy some more texture also to make him a little more desirable. The original plan was to have a variety of characters similar to these (see mood board in sketch folder) dotted around a menu acting as the mascots for the restaurant. I wanted to then look at making them into large cut outs that would stand around the establishment. The reason however that I did not go with this idea was that I wanted to challenge myself and work without lines, I wanted to focus a little less on singular character design and broaden my horizons to bigger, more professional looking things. This around the time that the Steve Simpson brain wave happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment