Thursday 29 January 2015

AD34 - Post presentation things


An illustration that I did for my dissertation presentation, it represents my emotions towards the essay at the time which id say was confused yet confident.


This was another image that I had illustrated for my presentation, it was supposed to give a simple visual to my timeline concept. I had chosen at this point to illustrate a timeline that shows how monsters have changed throughout children's literature over the past 100 years or so. Each child would interact with their monster in a different way depending on the story.

Below is a list of famous monsters that have appeared throughout literature, film and television.
I wanted to have a good range of characters and at this point I did not know how many I would include so it was okay to have a large list.

Potential character monster relationships for evolution chart.
Alice and the Jabberwock – 1871
Cyndy lu and the Grinch – 1957 pencils
Milo and the monsters – 1961 pencils
Max and the wild things – 1963  
NEVER ENDING STORY – 1979
The BFG and Sophie – 1982
Harry and the terrible whatzit – 1984
The powerpuff girls, Mojo jojo, the gangrene gang, HIM etc – 1998
Boo and sully * - 2001
Ted and the monster – 2004  
Harry potter and dementors, dobby, buckbeak, aragog, basilisk etc – 2001 – 2011
Billy and mandy – grimm * 2001
Monster by mistake  *
Dirty beasts – more specifically the tummy beast – 1983
The witches - 1983

Ones with asterisks were ones that I was not too sure on as I felt like they were a little niche for what I wanted to do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment