Thursday 10 October 2013

Lost in Ashburton - Comic summary




 I tried really hard with the layout of this comic making sure that the panels cross over nicely and conveyed the message i was going for. I was happy with my original black and white mock up but i was informed by my tutor that i lose my character in some scenes because of the busy line work, this wasn't much of  problem because i intended to colour the image later on. I wasn't really happy with the finished product, looks a little messy and i much preferred my black and white original, the inspiration for the colouring and pen work came from Neil Gaiman's "The Dangerous Alphabet" but it just went completely wrong.


I may want to revisit this idea and make another comic in this style because the last attempt was just poor, it has to be said that this style is very simplistic and works well with minimal text and colour, not to sure if it will work in comic book form but i would like to try it again. I covered everything when making this comic, the continuation of the images, the correct angels and the consistent style but the one thing i missed; the speech bubbles. I added the speech bubbles right at the very end and after looking back through the comic, the order that i added the text was wrong and now it doesn't read well. Over all it was very fun to work to the standard comic book restrictions and i am going to enjoy the rest of the module but i need to plan exactly what is going where before i even think of rushing into the final design.






No comments:

Post a Comment