Tuesday 8 January 2013

screen printing and lino stamps

This is one of the screen prints on brown paper, you can't really see the image on this colour paper so i think that the colour choice was wrong, all of the little details don't really show up. Needs work!

This is one of the better prints because of the colour, the red stands out well against the blue background. though this image bled a lot and i lost part of my image because the paper moved, technique needs improving. 

This is by far one of the best prints that i have done, the detail came out really well and the burst of colours just pops on the page, i like how the colour changes and is not the same throughout the print. 

Nice simple orange on white print, effective!

-Collaboration print - sorta lost my image in this tree print but is still interesting because of the chaos which is created on the page.  

-Collaboration print- I think this works well because the simple tree image really brings out the chaos of my robots, the image above covered too much of the page but this version is a lot better. 

lino print experimentation, here i have used my build a robot stamp to create this little scene, Jade also made some fox's which i used to interact with my characters, this however would be soo hard to repeat and it took soo long to actually build due to the separate pieces. 

One of my multi colour collaboration prints, it turned out great and the amazing blend of colours on both the rabbit and the robots really bring out the picture. one of my favourites 

The red print is a small adaptation of my build a robot design from a while ago, he works well now as a lino stamp and here i have combined him with the fat moustache robot to give a nice repeating pattern that was simple to do yet looks effective. 

This is my floating robot and he is one of my most effective lino stamps because he is so simple and has a lot of big bold areas which allow for good colour coverage. I thought that i would just recycle the tree stamp into this print to see what i could get. 


This is an awesome print, single images work well with my print because it breaks up the chaos in the image. The squid looks like it is attacking my robots. When i print on top of a busy image i think that because my image is also busy it ruins the picture. 


Just a green varient of my moustache robot, here i have been playing around with the angle in which they are presented.


















No comments:

Post a Comment